Dining groups may be up to 4 students. Students may only eat with others in their dining group in Baker Dining Hall to reduce the risk of COVID spread from close contact interactions, such as those consistent with sitting and eating together.
You can record the members of your dining group on this shared spreadsheet. https://livejuniata-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/damschm_juniata_edu/EUDzNHE0dkZMkk25nUoRNeQBYgXeEmd82PUYRTt3K6J8-Q?e=cKP7Sc&wdLOR=c2D0FB324-8613-6346-B33A-D5AE4782C5CA
Dining hours are posted here: https://www.juniata.edu/campus-life/living-on-campus/dining-services/operation-hours.php
Seatings on the Main Floor will be every 45 minutes
Seatings in Eagles Landing will be every 30 minutes
The reservation system will also provide guidance on seatings available in a given timeframe.
• Students will reserve meal times on a per-day, per-meal basis. Creation of an individual user account is necessary to create reservations.
• Same day reservations will not be accepted; reservations must be made the day prior to dining.
• Reservations can be made up to 14 days in advance.
• Any student in the dining group can make the reservation for the whole dining group
• Reservation times can be changed or adjusted as plans change, but not on the day of the reservation.
Access to take-out in Baker is on a first-come, first served basis based on the overall maximum number of persons allowed in Baker. As such, a limited number of individuals will be allowed in at a time for take-out. This means individuals may have to wait for a previous take-out patron to leave before being allowed in themselves.
The system does not allow this, unfortunately. And because space is tight in Baker, we want to assure that each reservation is accurate, and that students don’t fall off, preventing others from having a time that best meets their needs. Scheduling for each meal will allow students to adjust for their own flexing demands, and also give every other student the best possible access as well.
You will contact the Dean of Students Office to make a change. We want to transition people from one group of close contacts to another in a way that reduces risk as much as possible, and so a process will be explained and followed at the time of the request. Changes will not be immediate.
Reservations can be made for 1-4 people in Baker. Any number of a dining group can arrange a meal together and reserve a meal time/table, as long as students don’t share indoor meals with others outside of their dining group.
Beginning Monday, 8/17, we are excited to bring you a Pick 3 Meal Exchange available for those students with Meal Plans. This will replace the previous Advanced Meal Plan boxed lunches.
Stop by a retail location, pick your 3 items, and you will then be charged for 1 block meal and you’re good to go!
Choice 1- Entrée:
- Pick any sandwich, wrap, salad, or microwaveable meal
Choice 2- Side:
- Pick either chips or cookies
Choice 3- Beverage:
- Pick 1 of the pre-designated beverages
There are new microwaves available at all retail outlets for your convenience. The menu is based on availability and subject to change.
- Mocha Run / Standing Stone- Ellis Hall 2nd Floor: Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm
- Simply to Go- BAC: Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm
- Jitters- Von Liebig: Monday-Friday from 11am-9pm (while supplies last)
You can briefly adjust your mask to consume drinks in class. Taking bites of a snack while maintaining the presence of your mask is allowable. Eating a meal in class is discouraged because doing so requires the removal of a mask for a more extended period, and increasing the risk of exposure to others in the classroom.
Eating is not allowed in the Library. Other areas may post guidelines or limitations. Please be aware and mindful of these expectations.