J&J Books & Coffee47 Calle del Espíritu Santo, Madrid 28004
What exactly does J&J stand for? And who are the faces behind the name?
Like any good fairy tale, the J&J story started when Javi met Jamie – hence the J&J. As their romance blossomed, so did their mutual love of books, and in 2003 they decided that a local second-hand English bookshop was the only thing missing in their lives. So, they went to the USA and brought back thousands of books from Los Angeles, and their first baby – 'J&J Books and Coffee' - was born!
Since then, the J&J family has grown and changed over the years, with many familiar faces popping in regularly to catch up on developments. The founders have since flown the nest and moved back to the US, but they made sure to leave their 'baby' in the safe hands of Dave - who was the manager then, and is the owner now.
As you'll soon realise, J&J isn’t just about bookcases and bookworms, it's about the people you meet. You can chat to other nationalities at our language exchange evenings, or get a trivia team together to win the weekly Friday night Pub Quiz. Or, if you prefer a chilled weekend with friends, why not come for our Bagel Brunch and treat yourself to a Bloody Mary, Mimosa, craft beer or coffee and one of our exclusive home-made bagels?
We have thousands of second hand books in English- classics, prize winners, children's books, travel guides, thrillers, science fiction/fantasy, biographies, etc. We've got a bit of everything. And at great second hand prices. We accept good condition, recently publish, soft covered books in English. Books should have been published in the last 4 years and have minimal markings. We especially need (and offer more credit for) Prize Winners, New Releases, and Classics. There are many exceptions to the Year of Publication rule, so if you're not sure, bring it in and we'll let you know. The most obvious exceptions is Classics and Prize Winners. We give 1/3 of the selling price in credit. And don't forget our cafe/bar: coffees, beer, wine, cocktails & more
- Address: 47 Calle del Espíritu Santo, Madrid 28004
- Cross Street: metro Noviciado
- Cuisine: American | Sunday Brunch |
- Cost: | Very Inexpensive
- Category: Casual Dining
- Star Rating:
- Reservations: Recommended
- Dress Code: Casual
- Meals Served: Brunch | Lunch | Dinner | Late |
- Parking: Street | Car Park |
- Payment Options: VISA | MasterCard | Diners Club | Cash | Apple Pay | Android Pay | Debit |
- Corkage Fee: N/A
- Website: www.jandjbooksandcoffee.weebly.com
- Phone: 915218576
- Features: Full Bar, Sunday Brunch, Takeout Available, Free Wi-Fi, Gay / Lesbian,
- Occasion: Child Friendly, Meet for a Drink, Vegetarian, Dog Friendly, Quick Bite,
- Brunch - Restaurant 13:00 - 17:00
- Brunch - Restaurant 11:00 - 17:00
- Brunch - Restaurant 11:00 - 18:00