1. While heating the butter in a large sauté pan or grill over medium high heat, season the medallions with cracked black pepper and salt. Season generously and evenly on both sides so you can achieve a nice caramelized color and flavor.
2. Place the filets in the pan or on grill and sauté for 1 and ½ minutes, then turn and sauté for another 1 and ½ minutes.
3. Set medallions aside.
4. Prepare arugula in salad bowl. If you prefer something less strong or bitter, mix with spinach to make the flavor milder.
5. Sauté red onions for 1 minute, this will give the dish its sweetness. Place into salad after cooking.
6. Dress salad with simple black pepper balsamic vinaigrette and toss with arugula before placing filet medallions throughout the bowl.
© Restaurant Agent Inc.