1) Heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
2) Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
3) Add the bell peppers and tomato and stir for 2 minutes.
4) Add the salt, pepper, bay leaves, dried oregano, green olives, and capers.
5) When the mixture returns to a boil, cover and cook over low heat for 8 minutes; correct the seasonings and remove from the heat.
6) Add the fish stock, the chiles, fresh oregano leaves, marjoram, and sugar; bring to a boil for 5 minutes and cover.
7) Twenty minutes before serving, preheat the oven 375 degrees.
8) Rinse the filets, pat dry and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
9) Melt the butter with the chardonnay in a large skillet, add the filets and brown lightly on both sides.
10) Transfer to a greased baking dish and cover with the sauce. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes and serve immediately.
© Restaurant Agent Inc.