1. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a teflon pan over medium high heat to a light sizzle.
2. Make a 2 oz. patty from the shrimp base and repeat until all the base has been used.
3. You will get 12 pieces of the cakes from each batch.
4. Drop 6 cakes into the pan depending on the size of the pan and cook until
golden on one side.
5. Flip the cake onto the other side and cook until golden and cooked through.
6. Remove the cooked shrimp cakes form the pan and drain on paper towel.
7. Repeat by adding another 2 tbsp. of oil into the same pan and cook the other 6
1. Take 8 oz of the shrimp and process to a paste in a food processor.
2. Finely mince the other 8 oz by hand and mix the shrimp together.
3. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside in the refrigerator.
4. Finely mince the lemongrass and set aside.
5. Blanch the green beans quickly in boiling hot water.
6. Remove and shock in iced water, drain and set aside.
7. Add the green onions, cilantro, Thai basil, red jalapeno, kafir lime leaves, green beans, lemongrass into the shrimp mixture.
8. Add the salt, sesame oil and white pepper to the mix and fold gently to incorporate.
1. Place sweet chili sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar and fish sauce into a mixing bowl.
2. Whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
3. Transfer into a storage container.
Note: Add the cucumber and peanuts to the chili mix when ready to serve
© Restaurant Agent Inc.